Saturday, January 17, 2009

The strangest things.

There are some things in life that you never expect to happen.

Like making up with an old friend.

Or hitting another person's car.

Or going back to church.

There are some things in life that you hope will happen someday.

And then they do.

The more I live, the more I come to believe that the law of equivalent exchange actually exists. You get back a friend... and then you lose one. Granted, I'm currently liking this side of the spectrum much, much more. You wait almost a year and a half for something good to happen, and finally, there it is. The bad... well, that's like a side dish that you don't really need to eat anyway. Sometimes you are led to believe that some people are better than they actually are. Then they turn on you, and you see everything for what it really is. All shit is inevitable. And things will work themselves out - as they have, as they are. It's just a matter of whether things work themselves out for the better or for the worse.

I'm guessing this will be the worse.

But that's okay.

So there's this one thing that I was praying for God to do for me for the past year or so, and when it came true, I decided to set aside my agnosticism for an evening and pay the good Lord a visit. And He reciprocates by making me scratch someone's car. And it's someone I knew like a bajillion years ago. Granted, that's a good thing; I'm not getting sued, but com'n. That's irony bottled up, put in a paper bag, and downed by a hobo on the side of the street. Curious. I don't think I'm going back to church.

Like someone said to me today:
"Let yourself grow old. That's the only way to get to the end of anything."

No comments: