Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello, New Year!

It's going to be a good year, and I can smell it already... Like a breath of fresh air when you've been stuck inside for weeks on end. Which is pretty much what I've been doing.

I guess I've been drowning myself for too long now. You sometimes get trapped in waves for years before you realize that you were the only thing holding yourself down. If you hold still for about five seconds and stop squirming around, you float right to the top. And I guess that's what it's like.

Six months, and then new beginnings. That's what some people look for. The start of a new life. But you can never really erase the past. You lived it. It's there. But you don't have to dwell on it. You can learn from it, think about it, smile about it, and that's all there really is to memories in the end.

So what's everyone still worried about? Getting into college, teen drama, boys, girls, whatever's in between, blah, and blah. This chapter of our lives ends in such a short amount of time, and we're wasting it! College isn't a trophy, but it's sure as heck a whole new realm of possibilities. So while we're here, in this one, shouldn't we make the most of it? Put a smile on. Love yourself. Love the ones around you. Never know when the last time you see their face is going to be.

So, resolutions. I call them "promises that are bound to fail." Mine, well... just two. Be happy, and make others happy. Who knows? I might actually get it done.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yayy, Happy New Year indeed. :}