Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Frustratedly happy.

I don't think I've ever felt so happy in my seventeen years and some-odd months of existence. Source? Hah, who knows? There's so just many things- so many people that make me feel like I'm lying in an endless mound of fluffy snow. You could say it's the holiday spirit; you could also say I'm crazy. But at the end of the day, who gives a damn? This. This is what I enjoy the most. Not money, not driving (though that is a plus), not good grades, not failing tests, not gifts, not giving, but this. Friends. In a way, they're all like giant, glowing lights- stars, even- and I'm just a mirror. They shine bright, so do I. If one were to ever believe in magic, this would be it. Everyone- all their significance- each person's impact on another's life, vice versa, their dog, their cat, their pinkie toe- all muy importante. Impact, that's what it is. It's all relative. Sometimes you look at a person and you say: "Well, they're not important at all," but then you've gone and lied to yourself because you've said that thing and that's what makes them important. You think you'll forget people, their faces, the sound of their beating heart, but you can't. It's there. Engrained. Like a scratch in your cornea, as some people theorize. Every image. Every sound. It's a fingerprint. A footprint. A strand of DNA and a key to a lock. Unique. Existent.

Fiction. That's what I'm good at. So who's to say that this isn't fiction? Oh, what a tragedy that would be! If this were all a figment, but again, who gives a damn? The price is nothing; the result is everything.

Job hunting sucks. Especially when you live in Cerritos because some Chinese and Korean people really fail at handling themselves like professionals. Instead of a "Sorry, I don't believe any positions are available at the moment," you get a resounding, "Oh, no no no no, we not hiring right now. Go away." It's difficult like this. No money; just juggling whatever I get. I wish I could find a damn job already. My car's broken. Again. That'd be priority #8; fix my damn car or get a new one. Priorities 1-7? College. PS3. Laptop. Computer. Movies. Games. Food. Okay, yeah, I fail with money, but my entire family does, so bite me.

Sometimes you wish you had everything. Sometimes you wish you had nothing.

And now for a short rant on some phrases I think are stupid.

1) "The value of a dollar" is a dollar.
2) "A penny saved is a penny earned." No, a penny saved is one that I found on the ground that happened to be facing heads side up. Then and only then will I pick one up and throw it in the pile of "change that I will not touch until the day far in the future when I go to a CoinStar."
3) "Don't judge a book by its cover." The cover has the title on it, and if the title is "Wuthering Heights," I'm not buying the damn thing.
4) "The short end of the stick." or "The short end of the deal." One, I didn't know one end of a stick could be longer than the other. In fact, I didn't know that the end of a stick could be measured. I didn't know deals had ends either, for that matter, and if they did, they can be measured?
5) "Cleanliness is close to Godliness." So... if I take a shower, I'm kind of like Jesus?

Hyperbole. Blegh.

No comments: