Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The most beautiful sound in all the world.

Pitter patter.

Ah, how refreshing... I feel like the sound itself is just breathing life into me. Now if only I could go frolicking in it without catching pneumonia.

Curse you, human vulnerability. You know what I did today? I went to CVS and bought cough drops two weeks in advance for when I get sick at Chicago. Established fact: 90% of us will come back deathly ill. Flu vaccine? No, screw that, we're Asian. We don't do vaccines. We do herbal tea and some black stuff that could be the blood of humans for all we know. Now, one person I know might enjoy that, but what the heck? Yeah, millions of cures for diseases could exist in the rainforests that mankind is decimating, but if we still have to hold back a barf everytime we take medicine, the scientists aren't doing their job.

When I asked what animal I would be if I was one, I expected a lot of things. Tiger, sure. Wolf, whatever. Bull... kay. Sheep or ram for the zodiac, why not. A lion for a leo, even. But rhinocerus? Do I look like I have a big, freaking horn sticking out of my face? Are you joking? No, I don't think you're joking; I think you're an idiot. All things in moderation (even moderation), but at least be... mildly literal here. Mildly logical, even! I can't make a rhinocerus look cute. Not if I tried. Nothing is cute that has a giant horn threatening to shred you into two.

Speaking of cuteness, I looked in the mirror today...

Just kidding.

And the rain comes back again, as it does so intermittently because this is Southern California.

And I love it more with each passing cloud.

"And his Grace was so overcome with his feelings, he swallowed an olive."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

"And his Grace was so overcome with his feelings, he swallowed an olive."

OMELET!!!